Creation of Biopharmaceutical Companies is a workshop organized by the Spanish Federation of Biotechnologist (FEBiotec), the Biotechnologists Association of the Valencian Community (ABiVa), with the collaboration of ARPA Foundation and the Polytechnic University of Valencia. It is aimed towards life science graduates, professionals, researchers and students interested in innovating and creating a start-up in the biotechnology sector, especially in the biopharmaceutical sector. The course will take place on 12th May in Valencia (Spain) from 9 to 13, at the Salón de Actos, 3P Building, School of Agricultural Engineering and Environment (Campus de Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia) in the Polytechnica University of Valencia (Universitat Politècnica de València). The course will take place in Spanish.
This 4 hours course will provide an overview about the steps for the creation of a start-up, how to create your business team, constitute the company and obtain funding for the project; with a highly interactive learning approach, based on the communication of the experiences of speakers, who have participated in the creation of several companies. The speakers of the course will be Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar, lawyers and consultants at ARPA Abogados, one of Spain’s leading consulting firm, with special expertise in Biotechnology Entrepreneurship and Daniel Ramón Vidal, CEO of the Spanish biotech firmas Biopolis and Lifesequencing and Professor at the Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology.
The programme of the course will be the following:
- The Bioentrepreneur – Daniel Ramón
- What is Bioentrepreneurship
- Motivations of the Bioentrepreneur
- Abilities of the Bioentrepreneur
- The process of creating a company – Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar
- The constitutions of a society.
- Search of business partners
- Other issues
- Raising funds for our innovative company - Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar
- Initial phase grants and subsidies
- R&D grants and subsiedes
- Bank financing
- New methodologies for company creaton and project management: Lean, Kanban, Scrum. - Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar
- Practical advice for the creation of a Biopharmaceutic Company. - Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar
Registration fee is completely free.
To register for the course, please click here. Registration ends on Friday 9th of May.