Creation of Biopharmaceutical Companies is a workshop organized by the Spanish Federation of Biotechnologist (FEBiotec), the Biotechnologists Association of Asturias (AsBAs), with the collaboration of ARPA Foundation and the University of Oviedo. It is aimed towards life science graduates, professionals, researchers and students interested in innovating and creating a start-up in the biotechnology sector, especially in the biopharmaceutical sector. The course will take place on 7th April in Oviedo (Spain) from 9 to 13, at the room C of the Biology Faculty (Calle Catedrático Valentín Andrés Álvarez s/n, 33006 Oviedo) in the University of Oviedo (Universidad de Oviedo). The course will take place in Spanish.
This 4 hours course will provide an overview about the steps for the creation of a start-up, how to create your business team, comnstitute the company and obtain funding for the project; with a highly interactive learning approach, based on the communication of the experiences of speakers, who have participated in the creation of several companies. The speakers of the course will be Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar, lawyers and consultants at ARPA Abogados, one of Spain’s leading consulting firm, with special expertise in Biotechnology Entrepreneurship.
The programme of the course will be the following:
- The Bioentrepreneur
- What is Bioentrepreneurship
- Motivations of the Bioentrepreneur
- Abilities of the Bioentrepreneur
- The process of creating a company
- The constitutions of a society.
- Search of business partners
- Other issues
- Raising funds for our innovative company
- Initial phase grants and subsidies
- R&D grants and subsiedes
- Bank financing
- New methodologies for company creaton and project management: Lean, Kanban, Scrum.
- Practical advice for the creation of a Biopharmaceutic Company.
Registration fee is:
- 0€ for FEBiotec or ANBI members
- 4€ for non-members.
To register for the course, please click here. Places are limited!