Creation of Biopharmaceutical Companies is a workshop organized by the Spanish Federation of Biotechnologist (FEBiotec), the Biotechnologists Association of León (ABLe), with the collaboration of ARPA Foundation and the University of León. It is aimed towards life science graduates, professionals, researchers and students interested in innovating and creating a start-up in the biotechnology sector, especially in the biopharmaceutical sector. The course will take place on 7th April in León (Spain) from 16 to 20, at the Room 0.4 of the Darwin Building, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences (Campus de Vegazana s/n, 24071 León) in the University of León (Universidad de León). The course will take place in Spanish.
This 4 hours course will provide an overview about the steps for the creation of a start-up, how to create your business team, constitute the company and obtain funding for the project; with a highly interactive learning approach, based on the communication of the experiences of speakers, who have participated in the creation of several companies. The speakers of the course will be Fernando Amendáriz and Álvaro Abáigar, lawyers and consultants at ARPA Abogados, one of Spain’s leading consulting firm, with special expertise in Biotechnology Entrepreneurship.
The programme of the course will be the following:
- The Bioentrepreneur
- What is Bioentrepreneurship
- Motivations of the Bioentrepreneur
- Abilities of the Bioentrepreneur
- The process of creating a company
- The constitutions of a society.
- Search of business partners
- Other issues
- Raising funds for our innovative company
- Initial phase grants and subsidies
- R&D grants and subsiedes
- Bank financing
- New methodologies for company creaton and project management: Lean, Kanban, Scrum.
- Practical advice for the creation of a Biopharmaceutic Company.
Registration fee is completely free.
To register for the course, please click here. Registration ends on Friday 4th of April.